1. Register and create a username and password (details are case sensitive). All entrants, including RPS members will need to register. Entrants who have submitted images to the IPE within the last two year's can login using the same username and password. (For a reminder see Reset Username/Password).
2. Login and select member, non-member or under 30s entry. You are then directed to SecPay's secure payment page to complete your remaining details together with your card payment information.
3. Submit payment.
4. Once payment has been approved, you can return to the competition to upload your submission images (see file size info*).
5. Title your work and add an optional description. If entering images from a project or series, please also include the series name in the image title eg. 'Untitled. From the series...'. The selection process is anonymous and only the image, title and description will be visible to the selectors.
6. Check you have ticked enter image next to each thumbnail image, then press save info. You can view your completed submission under All Entries, which displays all of the entries to date. You can edit your submission until the closing date - 24 May.
7. Once the competition has closed, the selection panel will individually shortlist work from the online submissions and shortlisted photographers will be invited to submit prints (maximum image size of print - 50x40cm or 40x40cm if square, there is not a minimum size limit and all variations in size and dimensions below the maximum are acceptable. Allow for extra white space around your image so we can attach a mount - this can be included in addition to the maximum image size).
On the print selection day the panel will work together to review the prints and make their final selection. If you're shortlisted you will only need to submit a print of the image - the RPS will arrange the mounting and framing of the exhibition if selected.