The Royal Photographic Society's
International Photography Exhibition 160
- Worldwide open submission
- Open to members and non-members, of all ages
- Online entry of 4 images, from a series or as single images
- Selected by an influential panel of prominent photographers/industry professionals
- Shortlisted work to be submitted as prints, supported by theprintspace
- Final selection from submitted shortlisted prints
Selected photographers will benefit from:
- Awards and cash prizes
- Nationwide 10 month tour, opening at PHOTOBLOCK during London's Photomonth International Photography Festival
- Opportunity for the 4 award winners to exhibit a selection of their work in a joint show at theprintspace gallery, London (2018)
- Publication in the exhibition catalogue
- Opportunity to be featured in the award winning RPS Journal
- Press coverage
Committed to promoting the highest standards of photography whilst supporting photographers at all levels of ability, the exhibition represents early career photographers and professionals as well as individuals who enjoy photography and feel they have something to offer. The RPS also recognises young talent, and encourages photographers under 30 to submit their work which will also be considered for a dedicated under 30s award.
All selected photographers are eligible for several cash prize awards aimed at helping to support future photographic projects and will benefit from the exposure gained from the exhibition tour, which travels nationwide to a mix of public and educational venues including photo festivals and traditional gallery spaces.
The IPE encompasses single images and series work across all genres including Landscape, Editorial, Photojournalism, Nature, Contemporary, Conceptual, Documentary, Portraiture, Abstract and many more. Alternative processes and contemporary approaches combine for an exciting and engaging exhibition which resonates with the viewer and leaves a lasting impression.
The IPE 160 will open in October at the Photomonth International Photography Festival in London, alongside a packed programme of events. East London's Old Truman Brewery, on Brick Lane will host the exhibition at PHOTOBLOCK, their dedicated space for photographic events during the festival. The opening night of PHOTOBLOCK at the festival is a hive of everything photographic, attracting many visitors. The exhibition will tour from October - July 2018.
About the IPE:
The International Photography Exhibition (formerly known as the International Print Exhibition) is steeped in history, having been held almost every year since 1854 - the year after The Society was founded. In the early years, the exhibition included work from some of the world's most eminent photographers including Julia Margaret Cameron, Roger Fenton, Edward Steichen and others. Now in its 160th year, it is the longest running exhibition of its kind in the world. Read more about the exhibitions' history, and The Society online.