The Royal Photographic Society's
International Photography Exhibition 160
- Worldwide open submission
- Open to members and non-members, of all ages
- Online entry of 4 images, from a series or as single images
- All genres and styles eligible, including alternative photographic processes and techniques
- See entry guide for upload instructions
- Selected by an influential panel of prominent photographers/industry professionals
- Shortlisted work to be submitted as prints,
supported by theprintspace
- Final selection from submitted shortlisted prints
- Closing date: 24 May 2017
- Awards and cash prizes (totalling £4,250) aimed at helping to support future photographic projects
- Nationwide tour, opening at PHOTOBLOCK, London
- Additional London exhibition for 4 award winners at theprintspace gallery, London (2018)
- Publication in the exhibition catalogue
- Feature in the award winning RPS Journal
- Press coverage
The International Photography Exhibition (IPE) reflects the varying interests and vibrant aesthetics of the photographic medium today, presenting work which demonstrates photographic skill and technique, alongside images exploring ideas and narratives rich in meaning and message.
The exhibition encompasses single images and series work across all genres including Documentary, Landscape, Editorial, Photojournalism, Nature, Contemporary, Conceptual, Portraiture, Abstract and many more. Alternative processes and contemporary approaches combine for an exciting and engaging exhibition which resonates with the viewer and leaves a lasting impression.
Committed to promoting the highest standards of photography whilst supporting photographers at all levels of ability, the exhibition represents early career photographers and professionals as well as individuals who enjoy photography and feel they have something to offer. The RPS also recognises young talent and encourages photographers under 30 to submit their work, which will be considered for a dedicated under 30s award.
All selected photographers are eligible for several cash prize awards aimed at helping to support future photographic projects and will benefit from the exposure gained from the exhibition tour, which travels nationwide to a mix of public and educational venues including photo festivals and traditional gallery spaces.
The IPE 160 will open in October at East London's Old Truman Brewery, as part of PHOTOBLOCK, before touring the UK.
About the IPE:
The International Photography Exhibition (formerly known as the International Print Exhibition) is steeped in history, having been held almost every year since 1854 - the year after The Society was founded. In the early years, the exhibition included work from some of the world's most eminent photographers including Julia Margaret Cameron, Roger Fenton, Edward Steichen and others. Now in its 160th year, it is the longest running exhibition of its kind in the world. Read more about the exhibitions' history, and The Society online.